BLOCK PODCAST No.11
We are joined by the usual team for the latest recording, the participants are as follows:
- Kenneth Martin, Managing Director, Block Architects
- Evelyn Laurie, Principal, Red Marketing
- John Stobbs, Director of Operations, Sap Service UK
- Gordon White, Managing Director, fatBuzz Ltd
The podcasts covers a great deal, here are some of the main things that come up in the discussion:
- The ongoing challenge of keeping up to date with changing technology
- Changes to the Building Regulations being introduced in October 2013
- The increasing need to bring in specialist consultants - even on smaller domestic projects
- The new water usage guidelines about to be introduced as part of the Building Regulation changes
- Good practice around air tightness testing
- The general public's awareness of renewables - is there a need for greater education?
- Are there too many layers of bureaucracy around government initiatives
- 100% mortgages emerge again - is this a good thing?
- Remote and home working - is this affecting creativity and collaboration?
- Do modern houses need to be more modular and flexible to cope with the need to change as the users needs change?
We chat about all this and more in this really interesting podcast, if you would like to hear the podcast you can listen using the player below or you can subscribe (free) on iTunes.
Play the podcast here:
We would also like to get some feedback from you about the podcast and suggestions for topics you would like us to cover; you can either leave them as a comment here on the blog or, on our Facebook Page.
If you have enjoyed this post or the podcast please use the Facebook, Twitter and Share buttons below to share it with your online community, there's a good chance they will find it interesting too. Thank you.
Please also remember you can follow Block Architects on our Facebook Page by clicking here.