Tuesday 25 August 2009

Kidney Update

Returned today from a hospital visit at Stobhill where the surgeon's explained to my Dad and I and of course our good ladies (mum and Sandra) exactly what the next stages of the transplant process are.

In simple terms both Dad and I need to speak to an independent assesor to ensure that we are fully aware of what we are undertaking and thereafter we can firm up on a date. It would appear thereafter that the Surgeons have 6 months to carry out the transplant however, it looks like things may be set for November.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas present for your Dad. Did you expect it to go ahead this year and, are you nervous at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping that it would be this year. It would be nice to go into a new year with the hope that dad was going to be off that machine.

    I am not nervouse. I commented to a client that I am not a risk taker by nature and then he mentioned that donating a kidney was a risk but to me its a no brainer.

    The surgeon suggested that the operation will be straightforward for both dad and I and that any complications for either party are only likely to happer during the healing process.

    For me it might be an issue of a mild infection and for dad, well who knows.

    LETS GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD!

    ReplyDelete