Tuesday 30 November 2010

Growing A Large Architectural Practice

I thought I would do a quick post on an idea that has been doing the rounds in my head for several years and that is the idea of licensing my business.

I started my business as a 'one' man practice. This allowed me all the flexibility that I required in life ie in both business and pleasure. I could pick the business up or drop it to suit my family and my clients.

Then my business got so busy that I embarked on the employment route growing the business and then shrinking it as the recession took its hold.

As we emerge from recession I am embarking on the 'license' route as a definitive course of action for growing the business. I believe that if we offer Architects a 'head office' facility which will deal with their admin requirements, printing requirements, sales & marketing, invoicing and debt collection and EVERYTHING else that deals with the less enjoyable tasks of running a business then I figure that this will allow the Architects to deal with their passion ie the Architecture.

This is not a new concept. Other professional sectors have similar models e.g solicitors, engineers, accountants and dentists to name but a few AND it has to be said that more 'licensed' business suceed in the long term.

So there it is, the way forward. First meeting on this is Friday of this week and more details to follow in the New Year.

IF YOU ARE AN ARCHITECT INTERESTED IN KNOWING MORE PLEASE CONTACT ME ON 01698 422358

1 comment: