Tuesday 23 August 2011

Anniversary Of The Kidney Donation

And what a difference a year makes. Yes it on the 25th of August, only 2 days away, we will all celebrate the anniversary of the kidney donation. Quite a topical subject following the recent announcement on the news where the Government are considering paying for kidneys. What happened to that plan?

I am very pleased to say that both dad and myself now appear to be back to a 100% recovery. The kidney(my donnor kidney) is performing very well and my dad to date has suffered no set backs what so ever. Testimony perhaps to a fantastic team of surgeons and aftercare via Stobhill Clinic.

On behalf of my dad and I we would dearly like to thank all of the transplant team and a special thanks also to the renal team at Monklands Hospital for their fantastic support prior to the operation.

I've just remembered, and it seems funny to recollect, the week before the operation when my dad sprained his ankle and both mum and I had to support him into bed. We were all panic striken at the thought of the operation being cancelled but of course that didn't happen.

Dad is just back from Cambridge visiting my sister and I am also pleased to confirm that he went swimming with Elissa, his 2 year old grand daughter. Something he never thought he would ever be able to do. It was worth it all in the end and I never had any doubt.


So you will also all remember that we were raising funds for Yorkhill Children's Hospital in Glasgow and in particular their renal unit. I am very pleased to confirm that we raised (to date) £4746-00.

This is a little short of our £5000 figure that we hoped to achieve so if you are sitting reading this and have an emotional link or connection with the story or Yorkhill, then please do donate and help us get over the target.


Please also remember you can follow Block Architects on our Facebook Page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment